The Auberge Capissisit Lodge invites all applications for the position of the Head Chef (2nd Posting) (More Details Below)
Subsidiary: Auberge Capissisit Lodge
Location: Ouje-Bougoumou, Qc.
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: Based in accordance to education and experience
Benefits: According to policies and procedures
Report to: Chief Executive Officer
To apply, please contact:
Chief Executive Officer
203, Opemiska Meskino
Office: 418-745-2519 ext. 224
Applications must be received before Friday, September 8, 2023 at 1:00pm.
Job Classification: Senior Professional
Supervisor: Auberge Capissisit Lodge (ACL) Manager
The chef oversees food and pastry production for the restaurant and banquet functions. They develop the menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. They supervise all kitchen staff and maintain the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards. This position reports to the ACL Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan menus for the restaurant and banquet considering customer base, popularity of various dishes, holidays, costs, and a wide variety of other factors.
- Conduct regular inventories of food supplies and assess projected needs; order all food and supplies for catering and cash operations.
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the kitchen areas at all times.
- Establish controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Develop and test recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to ensure consistent high quality and to minimize food costs: exercise portion control over all items served and assists the Manager in establishing menu selling prices.
- Consult with catering staff about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cook or directly supervise the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Ensure prompt preparation and delivery of food to tables.
- Schedule and coordinate the work of line cooks and dishwashers to ensure that food preparation is economical and technically correct.
- Train and supervise the work of food and pastry production staff.
- Safeguard all food preparation employees by recommending training to the Manager & HRM to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles.
- Provides the Manager with information required for financial reporting and budgets.
- Distribute tips amongst kitchen and dining room staff.
- Complete monthly checks on portable electrical appliances. Report loss or damage to the Manager.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Certification
- DEP certification in chef training, professional cooking, or related field
- CPR & First Aid certification would be considered an asset.
- MPAQ manager certification
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Fluent in spoken French; spoken Cree would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of chef experience
Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to quickly solve problems and assign tasks.
- Ability to maintain a positive, friendly, and courteous attitude, especially under pressure.
- Conflict resolution and de-escalation skills
- Organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail, and strong memory and recollection
- Capacity to learn how to operate standard restaurant equipment such as a POS system; knowledge of Maître D POS is an asset.
- Professionalism and a high standard of personal presentation