OPEN POSITION: GUIDANCE COUNSELOR (Adult Education)
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3728
LOCATION OF WORK: MISTISSINI – HEAD OFFICE
NATURE OF WORK
The position of guidance counsellor encompasses, in particular, responsibility for evaluating, advising,
and helping, guiding and supporting prospective adult students as well as adult students in developing
their career plans and in choosing an educational path suited to their personal characteristics.
- Participate in developing, implementing and evaluating a vocational guidance service, such as SARCA, that meets the academic and administrative requirements of both the educational institutions and the school board;
- Participate in developing, implementing and evaluating policies, guidelines, rules and pedagogical plans, such as, educational project and student success plan related to Adult Education;
- Perform tasks related to the development objectives and policies of work guidance department taking into account the general policies of administration and teaching of the Commission.
- Evaluate student with respect to their interests, aptitudes, abilities, personality, professional experiences and personal needs, using appropriate methods such as psychometric tests, direct observations and information provided by teachers and other school resources and, where applicable, parents;
- Organize and deliver academic and vocational
information activities dealing with program
requirements, professions and market trends;
- Work with a multidisciplinary team, such as, teachers, professional staff and Education Consultant to participate in the preparation and the review of an individualized education plan for a handicapped student, a student with social maladjustments or learning disabilities; participates in defining intervention objectives and means, as required. Work with other team members to harmonize and coordinate interventions and to assess the achievement of objectives;
- Collaborate in any event pertaining to the development of SAES: career fair, program promotions, radio documentary and so on;
- Establish and maintain relationships and collaboration with the Board resources, the Ministry of Education, of Recreation and of Sport and any others external;
- Establish and maintain relationships and collaboration with organizations such as representatives of the labour market and the socioeconomic bodies that could be involved in providing academic and vocational guidance to students;
- Participate and collaborate in diverse committees, where applicable.
- Be a member of the Ordre des conseillers et conseillères d’orientation du Québec;
- High level of autonomy and communication skills;
- Fluency in English is required. ;
- Working knowledge of Cree and French are assets;
- Ability to organize special programs for development
- Available to travel.
- Regular full time position.
- $24.87/h to $43.06/h
- Northern Allowance: $ 8,484.00 – $ 13,573.00
- Retention Premium: $ 3,500- $ 5,000
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- As soon as possible.
Please complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3728
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
October 28, 2020
END OF POSTING
November 10, 2020