COMPETITION NUMBER: NEM-3554
LOCATION OF WORK: NEMASKA
NATURE OF WORK
- Provides assistance to students in the choice of the educational profile most suited aptitudes and most appropriate to the academic or vocational professional career they have chosen.
- Performs duties relative to the development of the objectives and policies of the guidance service with due consideration for the general administrative and education policies in effect at the level of the school or school board. Is responsible for the application of these policies.
- Advises the students on their individual orientation on the basis of individual or group counselling sessions, as well as results of tests. Participates in the case studies within a multi-disciplinary team. He may be required to see to the organization and realization of conferences, study sessions, visits to industry, etc.
- Responsible for developing and implementing various strategic exercise for student retention and carries out strategic initiatives to at risk students
- Must maintain close contact with the labour market, the administrative staff, and with other institutions involved in the guidance of students.
- Prepares and keeps up to date student files on questions related to his/her field.
- To be a member of the Ordre des conseillers et conseillères d’orientation du Québec.
- Fluency in English is required; Fluency in French is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Cree Language a definite asset;
- Capacity to organize special training programs. Available to travel.
- Regular Full Time position.
- 35 hrs/week SALARY $24.87/hr to $43.06/hr
- Northern Allowance: $10,015.00 – $17,652.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Services Cree School Board
203 Main Street Mistissini, QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: NEM-3554 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
POSTING DATE October 30, 2019
END OF POSTING November 13, 2019 5:00 PM