LOCATION OF WORK
Post-Secondary Student Services – Gatineau
NATURE OF WORK
Provides assistance to students in the choice of the educational profile most suited aptitudes and most appropriate to the academic or vocational professional career they have chosen.
- Performs duties relative to the development of the objectives and policies of the guidance service with due consideration for the general administrative and education policies in effect at the level of the school or school board. Is responsible for the application of these policies.
- Advises the students on their individual orientation on the basis of individual or group counselling sessions, as well as results of tests. Participates in the case studies within a multi-disciplinary team. He may be required to see to the organization and realization of conferences, study sessions, visits to industry, etc.
- Responsible for developing and implementing various strategic exercise for student retention and carries out strategic initiatives to at risk students
- Must maintain close contact with the labour market, the administrative staff, and with other institutions involved in the guidance of students. Prepares and keeps up to date student files on questions related to his/her field.
- To be a member of the Ordre des conseillers et conseillères d’orientation du Québec.
- Fluency in French and English is required;
- Knowledge of the Cree Language a definite asset;
- Capacity to organize special training programs;
- Available to travel.
- Regular Full Time position.
- 35 hrs/week
- $24.87/hr to $43.06/hr
- Southern Retention (for Cree Beneficiaries only): $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined
Please complete the Application Form found HERE. Please indicate posting #: GAT-3955 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING August 11, 2021
END OF POSTING August 24, 2021 5:00 PM