Posting # ADD-2324-0275
Position # S01340
DEPARTMENT: Health CLSC (657160)
WORK LOCATION: Waswanipi
STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
HOURLY SALARY: Min. (1) $21.54 – Max (4) $22.06
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who ensures the protection of the establishment’s property and belongings and maintains order. In addition, she/he greets people entering the establishment, provides surveillance, ensures the protection of the users and responds to their needs. She/he reports incidents to the persons in charge. She/he intervenes in emergencies.
- Guards building to ensure the safety and security of the property;
- Performs a variety of moderately complex administrative tasks according to specific instructions and established methods and procedures that include, but are not limited to:
- Registration and admission of users;
- Processing of various data;
- Word processing.
- Detects and investigates any unusual activity, peculiar, noises or evidence of illegal entry, unauthorized activities. Corrects the condition and immediately alerts the Police and the person in charge when necessary;
- Reports to the management all abnormal conditions, irregularities or deficiencies involving risk of damage to the property during the shift and takes action when applicable;
- Provide proactive services against theft, vandalism and fire;
- Makes inspection rounds in accordance with the predetermined schedules;
- Ensure proper monitoring of the CBHSSJB’s installations at the regional surveillance center;
- Maintain public safety and order by enforcing rules respecting the building;
- Directs visitors to the appropriate areas;
- Provides emergency assistance whenever required;
- Collaborates and communicates with all other staff, for the benefit of the users.
- Provide good customer service to all users and staff, in order to foster organizational functioning and indirectly, quality services to the population;
- Respects the practices, conduct, confidentiality and ethics expected of employees towards users, visitors and other employees;
- Performs other related tasks upon the request of her/his supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma;
- Holder of the Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training is an asset or willingness to follow it;
- Related experience is an asset.
Please note that applicants who do not have the above-mentioned requirements may be considered for this position if they possess the following requirements.
A reading and writing test must also be successfully completed to be considered.
- No specific diploma and;
- One (1) to two (2) years of related experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Sense of observation;
- Basic computer knowledge;
- Ability to write reports and read logs;
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
POSTING START/END DATE: 08/03/2023 – 08/17/2023
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 5
HOUSING PROVIDED: No
SHIFT TYPE: Rotation: Day/Evening/Night
HOURS PER DAY/WEEK: 7.75 / 38.75
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to our website https://creehealth.org/home ->Careers -> Job Opportunities
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
Need assistance or have questions? Email us email@example.com
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.