Reporting to the Vice President Exploration, the Mineral Resources Growth Manager establishes and leads the centralized Mineral Resources Management teams, taking into account health and safety in operations to contribute to the elimination of incidents and accidents. He designs and implements planning practices and medium- and long-term plans. He/she is responsible for resource estimation, knowledge and exploration of deposits, claims and databases.
- Leads, coaches and supports his team fostering a high performance culture;
- Ensures that Sayona’s vision is achieved through excellence in execution;
- Is part of Sayona’s senior management team and works interdisciplinary with peers in other departments;
- Defines strategy, researches, develops and reviews mineral technologies, systems, processes and adopts best practices;
- Establishes resource extraction plans that will maximize the value of all mineral assets;
- Compiles historical surface mapping and drilling data from various sources, as well as various geophysical surveys, to produce a quality geological interpretation;
- Produces resource estimates according to company standards and optimizes exploration in the various property sectors;
- Evaluates operational practices and supports improvements by defining, measuring, analyzing, improving and controlling;
- Implements or improves standardized mineral resource data storage and management systems;
- Analyzes and interprets data and takes corrective action as required;
- Ensures that each site implements and operates a quality mineral resources management system;
- Identifie and interprets related legislation and its impact on its responsibilities;
- Consolidates and approves resource declarations as a qualified person;
- Recommends new technologies and ideas to improve efficiency;
- Advises on evaluations of operations and acquisitions;
- Participates in the sector’s strategic planning process;
- Implements and maintains the integrity of the company’s mining asset register;
- Maintains a database of current mineral resource management skills;
- Sponsors the development program in its area of expertise;
- Ensures that inspection/audit and risk management processes are followed, and collaborates with teams to implement corrective and preventive actions as well as appropriate control measures.
- Analyzes sector performance, requiring recommendations from subordinates;
- Oversees annual planning and management of human, financial and material resources required for sector operations;
- Develops various programs, processes and tools in line with the organization’s growth and needs;
- Supports teams in applying environmental, health and safety requirements;
- Ensures knowledge of regulations and industry best practices in order to respond effectively to internal and external customer requests.
- Claims management (renewal, acquisition and strategies)
- All other related tasks
- Bachelor of Science (Geology, Engineering);
- 15 years’ experience in mineral resource management;
- Extensive and proven experience in the identification and economic extraction of lithium (a definite asset);
- 7 years’ experience in a management position;
- Mastery of the regulatory framework for mining activities or mining projects;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Available to travel to sites or projects as required;
- Bilingualism (French, English)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Analytical, strategic, planning and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication and multitasking skills;
- Good knowledge of the economy, industry and market trends;
- Excellent computer and presentation skills;
- Team spirit, autonomy and adaptability;
- Strong sense of responsibility and high ethical standards;
- Courageous and diligent leadership.
- Work location: Telecommuting and occasional travel to different sites/projects.
- Annual bonus and long-term bonus, based on achievement of measurable and attainable objectives.
- 4 weeks vacation.
- Group insurance and very competitive pension fund.
- 8 flexible vacations to use as you wish each year.
- A culture of collaboration.
- A friendly, stimulating work environment.
- Major projects.
Does this position appeal to you? Are you looking for a new challenge? Send your application now to https://www.sayona.ca/emplois/. We look forward to meeting you!
It should be noted that the masculine gender was used in the job description to lighten the text. Regardless of your gender, your application will be treated with integrity and professionalism.
Sayona thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.