Reporting to the Vice President and Chief of the Sustainable Development, the Graphic Designer supports the communications team in the development of the communications strategy. He creates visual concepts that are captivating, creative, aesthetic and functional, in order to translate ideas and messages into images and graphic elements for the press or print and digital media.
- Creates and designs various materials for print and digital media.
- Creates visual aspects of marketing materials and other graphic design assignments, such as websites, other media, and computer graphics.
- Consults and partners with the communication team to create cohesive designs that reflect the company’s culture and goals.
- Ensures that projects are completed with high quality and on time.
- Sets the creative direction for the company as well as the brand guidelines;
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects within design specifications and budgets.
- Performs retouching, editing and image manipulation.
- Works with a wide range of media and uses graphic design software.
- All other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, design, communication, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years experience in graphic design.
- Knowledge of page layout, basic graphic principles, typography, video and photo editing, printing, and the Internet.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS an asset.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, and other graphic design software.
- Valid driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work as a team with other departments.
- Organizational skills, speed of execution, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative skills, attention to detail, adaptable and open to change.
- Ability to manage stress well.
- Good eye and skills in graphic design.
- Bilingualism (French and English), Cree an asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and others.
- Proactive, out-of-the-box thinking and self-starter with a good sense of initiative
- Work location – Teleworking or Chibougamau office.
- Required to travel to project sites and host communities.
- Flexibility – 5/2 or 5/2-4/3 schedule.
- Annual bonus.
- Group insurance and very competitive pension plan.
- 8 floating vacations to use each year as you wish.
- Professional development, training, and advancement opportunities.
- A warm and dynamic team waiting for you!
Does this position appeal to you? Are you looking for new challenges? Apply now at https://www.sayona.ca/carriere/. Looking forward to meeting you!!
It should be noted that the masculine gender was used in the job description to lighten the text. Regardless of your gender, your application will be treated with integrity and professionalism.
Sayona thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.