LOCATION OF WORK
To be determined (Communications & Community Relations Department)
NATURE OF WORK
- The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in developing and conducting technical work in the areas of applied and graphic arts.
- The employee in this class of employment designs and carries out technical work, such as illustration, formatting, layout and artwork of school board publications; he or she determines the specifications and the printing methods, corrects proofs and monitors the printing quality.
- He or she aids in the design of Web pages or other presentations on various computer mediums, using the appropriate software. If necessary, he or she takes digital photographs or scans documents, performs computer graphics retouching and creates sound files and animation.
- He or she provides advice to the staff on the artistic component of the presentations and the choice of media and computer-based support.
- He or she designs and produces layouts.
- In his or her work, the employee ensures that copyright and licensing rights are respected
- He or she uses a computer and the necessary software to perform his or her duties related to desktop publishing, drawing, graphic design, computer graphics and multimedia presentation; conducts research on the Internet and may be required to assist a staff member with software specific to his or her work.
- He or she may be required to train less experienced technicians as well as coordinate the work of support staff in performing duties related to the implementation of programs involving technical operations for which he or she is responsible.
- If need be, he or she performs any other related duty.
- A Diploma of College Studies, or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority, in an appropriate specialty, notably: – Graphic Design – Visual or Fine Arts – Visual Communications
- At least 4 years of experience is required.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of Cree and French are an asset.
- Demonstrable expertise of Adobe Creative Suite applications (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.).
- Advanced knowledge of design principles including typography, colour, composition, layout, etc.
- High understanding of production printing processes.
- Familiarity with use of digital cameras and accessories to support projects is an asset.
- Understanding of web design best practices and UI principals.
- Understanding of the James Bay Cree Culture.
- Regular full-time position 35 hours/week
- Salary: $21.90/hr to $27.70/hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
- Occasional traveling involved to different communities.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203 Main Street
MISTISSINI QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3573
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
POSTING DATE December 18, 2019
END OF POSTING January 15, 2020 5:00 PM