Position: Grande Alliance Community Information Officer
Duration: One Year Contract (with possibility of renewal)
Location: Office of the Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi, Amos, Quebec
The Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi is seeking a qualified individual who can serve as the Grande Alliance Community Information Officer.
Within the context of the Grande Alliance, the Government of Québec and the Cree Nation Government agreed to promote sustainable development and socio-economic collaboration between the Cree and Québec nations, in order to connect, develop and protect the Eeyou Istchee James Bay region.
The Cree Development Corporation was appointed by the Cree Nation Government to implement several components of the Grande Alliance in Eeyou Istchee. The Cree Development Corporation now requires the services of the Cree communities to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of studies and projects developed under the Grande Alliance.
In order to ensure an efficient cooperation regarding the implementation of the studies and projects developed within the context of the Grande Alliance, each Cree community, including Washaw Sibi, has agreed to hire an individual for the position of Grande Alliance Community Information Officer.
The Grande Alliance Community Information Officer (GACIO) will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure an effective communication link between the Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi and the CDC and their various suppliers hired to carry out studies and projects related to the Grande Alliance project.
- Organize consultation and information meetings with the members of Washaw Sibi, especially the impacted tallymen and their families, with respect to the Studies and the Projects associated with the Grande Alliance.
- Ensure the recording of all meetings as well as report and distribute information regarding the outcomes to the GACIO Committee (a committee comprised of all Grande Alliance Community Information Officers) for the information of and use by the Cree land users and their families.
- Participate, at least once per month, in GACIO Committee meetings with CDC representatives and the liaison officers representing the hired suppliers to discuss various issues related to the studies.
- Act as a liaison between the Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi, the CDC and their suppliers for all aspects of La Grande Alliance Studies and Projects.
- Act as a liaison between the Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi, and the other Cree Nations involved in La Grande Alliance.
- Identify local entrepreneurs and companies from Washaw Sibi who may wish to participate in the different components of La Grande Alliance.
- Inform and involve land users for the traplines directly affected by the Grande Alliance Studies and Projects as well as any other land user wishing to be involved, in the Studies carried out to better understand the impacts of the Grande Alliance projects.
- Maintain all information collected from land users and community members for the Studies, including, but not limited to, Cree Traditional Ecological Knowledge, sensitive and confidential information, etc.
- Ensure written and oral translation of all information related to the Studies and Projects.
- Review the findings of all Studies carried out in relation to La Grande Alliance in collaboration with the CDC and their suppliers.
- Ensure communication and the release of information received via the Grande Alliance Studies.
- Provide, upon request by the CDC or their suppliers, the names of Cree candidates from impacted and non-impacted families for employment on various field work carried out in connection to the Studies.
- Verify and sign all timesheets for each Washaw Sibi field worker on the Studies and forward all relevant information to the Washaw Sibi finance department for immediate payment.
- Conduct, from time to time, visits to field teams working on the Studies and report back to the GACIO Committee on findings.
- Report regularly to the Chief or Deputy Chief of Washaw Sibi on the progress of La Grande Alliance.
- Prepare reports related to the employment mandate from the Council of the Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi and to the GACIO Committee.
- Perform all additional duties as they may arise related to the Studies and Projects as directed by the Council of the Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi.
- Provide the CDC with a written report on questions related to the Studies and Projects as they may arise by members of the Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi.
Interested candidates should provide an expression of interest which includes a résumé outlining their employment history and relevant experience and skills, along with references to:
Ms. Viviane Poucachiche, Director General
Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi
141, Route 111 Ouest
Deadline: Expressions of interest in this position must be submitted no later than February 26th, 2021.