- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Period Of EmploymentPermanent
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Government Services – IT Projects Manager
The IT Projects Manager is responsible for all phases of assigned projects, from initiation to closing, while respecting budgets and constraints. Moreover, the incumbent is responsible for collaborating and partnering with various stakeholders in successfully implementing technology solutions to meet organizational needs.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Cree Nation Government’s IT department strategies and plans.
- Collaborate with the IT Business Analyst and stakeholders in defining requirements.
- Develop a detailed project approach including governance, objectives, scope, resources (human and financial), schedule, work plan (tasks and dependencies) and key performance indicators, taking change management and communications planning into consideration.
- Mobilize and manage the project team through the project lifecycle.
- Coordinate and lead project meetings (with the project team and/or internal stakeholders and/or external suppliers).
- Identify and manage the project risks and issues in a consistent and proactive manner; Engage management, as needed.
- Analyze project status and, when necessary, revise the scope, schedule, or budget to ensure that project requirements can be met.
- Assign and monitor resources to ensure project efficiency and maximize deliverables.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate comprehensive project documentation.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant client stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with third-party resources, including vendors and researchers.
- Communicate with the project team and stakeholders, manage risks and issues, and monitor progress to ensure that the project stays on track.
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes information and trends as needed to prepare project status reports for the Senior Manager of IT.
- Establishes and implements project communication plans, providing status updates to affected staff and stakeholders.
- Senior Manager of IT
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Certification in Project Management Professional (PMP) or any other project management certification is an asset.
- Five to eight years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French.
- Fluency in verbal Cree is an asset
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of information system software and emerging technologies.
- Proven success in project planning and implementation.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent decision-making skills and high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to demonstrate strong judgment in complex situations.
- Proven ability to problem-solve and to take initiative.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proven success in maintaining strong communication, including the ability to facilitate effectively.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Must agree to undergo a criminal record check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Pay Type: Salary
Min. Hiring Rate: $73,963.00
Max. Hiring Rate: $92,741.00
To apply, click HERE and sign-in or create an account.