- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Period Of EmploymentPermanent
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Government Services – IT Business Analyst
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for assisting the organization in optimizing their processes through technology. In collaboration with partners and stakeholders, the incumbent will document, analyze, and transform requirements into systems specifications for the development of a technology-based solution corresponding to clients’ needs in support of achieving objectives.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Cree Nation Government’s IT department strategies and plans.
- Organize and facilitate meetings to gather requirements from users and project sponsors.
- Advise and assist clients or users, with a perspective of process improvement and innovation.
- Document and analyze requirements.
- Evaluate performance of existing systems.
- Conduct gap analyses (research and evaluation potential solution) and make recommendations.
- Translate client’s needs into system specifications and ensure they are understood by the development team.
- Develop and oversee user acceptance testing (UAT) in collaboration with the development team.
- Ensure training materials are available; deliver training when needed.
- Execute deliverables as defined within the Project Plan and ensure quality control.
- Flag real and potential risks to the Project Manager and propose preventive or corrective solutions.
- Offer support to IT colleagues with the implementation of new IT tools.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager, stakeholders, and other resources to implement solutions.
- Foster positive business relationship with external suppliers.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field.
- Certification in PMP (Project Management Professional) or any other project management certification is an asset.
- Five to eight years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in verbal Cree is an asset.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of information system software.
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven success in maintaining strong communication, including the ability to facilitate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Proven ability to demonstrate strong judgment in complex situations.
- Proven ability to problem-solve and to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly translate business needs into conceptual processes.
- Knowledge of management systems (Dayforce, SharePoint, etc.) would be an asset.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Must agree to undergo a criminal record check
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Pay Type: Salary
Min. Hiring Rate: $65,600.00
Max. Hiring Rate: $87,576.00
Job Start Date: 2023/06/19
To apply, click HERE and sign-in or create an account.