Department : Process Plant
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard Mine
Home port: Val-d’Or, Chibougamau-Chapais, St-Hubert and Quebec airports
Posting date: September 27, 2021
Stornoway is recruiting a Geotechnical Technician. Reporting to the Geotechnical Coordinator, the Geotechnical Technician is responsible for the following activities.
Your role will be to
- Responsible for the monitoring and follow-up of piles such as the Crushed Kimberlite Containment Area (CKCA);
- Participate in the planning of the work and carry out the management and follow-up of the work;
- Carry out quality control tests according to plans and specifications;
- Install geotechnical instruments;
- Carry out the survey and keep the plans up to date as built;
- Assist the geologists in the work related to the core sample;
- Assist the geotechnical engineer in certain mandates;
- Manage and coordinate all other work related to Renard Mine operations.
- Civil/Mining Engineering Technician or other equivalent training and/or experience;
- Experience in the management and construction of civil works;
- Knowledge of soil mechanics;
- Experience in surveying, geotechnical drawings and surveys;
- Knowledge of software such as: Muck3D, Autocad and Promine is an asset;
- Written and oral communication skills in English and French required.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.