Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The
Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining
jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold
producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental,
social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported
by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in
1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Reporting to the Supervisor Rock Mechanics, this role is to ensure that data collection
requirements for the geotechnical aspects of Eleonore are completed to a high level of accuracy
and efficiency. The Eleonore mine ore body is very complex and requires innovative and robust
initiatives as well as understanding seismicity, ground control and rock fall risk management
- Regular underground inspections of mine working areas
- Collection of geotechnical data as per Eleonore’s procedures
- Identification and communication of geotechnical hazards, including barricading of areas
underground QA/QC checks of all installed ground support systems
- Analysis of QA/QC data and recommendations for improvements to ground support installation
- Training of underground workforce in geotechnical issues
- Collection of geotechnical monitoring data
- Installation and maintenance of monitoring equipment
- Drafting geotechnical plans as designed by the site engineers
- Seismic re-entry inspections
- Confirmation inspections of ground support installation
- French and English speaking.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Organizational skills.
- Strong technical writing, group presentation, and interpersonal skills including cultural
WORK SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at
www.newmont.com/careers no later than December 6th, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We
encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking
part in all aspects of the selection process.