Réf. : 2610
The geological technologist is part of the Mine – Technical Services team. The incumbent assists in the identification and control of ore grade in the development of mineralized zones and in stopes.
- Provide technical assistance in the identification and control of ore grade
- Participate in mapping and conduct daily geological inspections of underground excavation sites
- Participate in ground inspections in development zones and in stopes
- Assist in stopes reconciliation
- Map and take samples from development faces in mineralized zones
- Observe work done on production sites and, with the help of the engineering and mining departments, control the nature and quality of ore sent to the plant
- Conduct geological and structural mapping of lateral underground developments
- Compile daily sampling data in the appropriate databases and draft reports
- Assist in short-term planning
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- All other related tasks
- College diploma in geology/mineral technology
- Minimum 2 to 3 years experience in geology, ideally in underground mining
- Valid general explosives permit
- Completed mining modules (F.M.T.M.)
- Good computer skills, including Deswik, Vulcan, AutoCad, Promine and MS Office
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than April 19, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.