The geology technician is part of the technical services – geology team. The incumbent assists in the identification and control of ore grade in the development of mineralized zones and on worksites.
- Provide technical assistance in the identification and control of ore grade
- Participate in mapping and conduct daily geological inspections of underground excavation sites
- Participate in ground inspections in development zones and on worksites
- Assist in worksite reconciliation
- Map and take samples from work surfaces in mineralized zones
- Observe work done on production sites and, with the help of the engineering and mining departments, control the nature and quality of ore sent to the plant
- Conduct geological and structural mapping of lateral underground developments
- Control the nature and quality of ore sent to the surface
- Compile daily sampling data in the appropriate databases and draft reports
- Assist in short-term planning
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- All other related tasks
- College diploma in engineering geology/mineral technology
- Minimum 2 to 3 year’s experience in geology, ideally in underground mining
- Valid general explosives permit
- Completed mining modules (F.M.T.M.)
- Good computer skills, including Vulcan, AutoCad, Promine and MS Office
- Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment
Work Location and Schedule:
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than November 11, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is based at Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, which is a fly-in/fly-out operation. Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all travelers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to/from Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, subject only to some very limited exemptions. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you have an exemption from the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, prior to your anticipated start date. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination or exemption status prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request.