Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Geology Superintendent is part of the Technical Services – Geology team. He is responsible for planning, organizing and managing programs aimed at defining and exploiting the mineral reserves of the mine. The Superintendent of Geology adheres to the principles of the company by adopting a management oriented towards sustainable development, an operation for excellence and the organization’s code of conduct
- Supervise the evaluation of the ore extracted and send to the mill
- Participate in the development of medium and long-term production objectives
- Design and implement drilling programs to increase mineral resources and reserves
- Coordinate the estimation of mineral resources and reserves
- Determine the objectives of his department and prepare budgets accordingly
- Provide geological expertise to the various sectors of the mine
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly regarding health and safety
- Solve problems related to his sector and recommend measures in order to improve the productivity of his department
- Produce and present control, monitoring and progress reports
- Manage staff, evaluate performance and see to employee development
- Ensure good management of operating costs and respect of deadlines
- All tasks related to the performance of his duties
- University degree in Applied Geology, Geological Engineering or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years’ experience in geology in the underground mining sector, including 5 years in supervision
- Member of the Ordre of Geologist of Quebec
- Hold a valid explosive permit and driver’s licence.
- Have completed the training of mining modules (F.M.T.M.).
- Strong computer skills, including the following software: Vulcan, AutoCAD, Promine, and MS Office.
- Bilingual essential.
- Partnership and teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Leading and developing its employees
- Organizational skills
WORK LOCATION AND SCHEDULE
- Newmont Eleonore mining site
- 8X6 4X3 (8 jours de travail suivis de 6 jours de repos et 4 jours de travail suivis de 3 jours de repos)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than November 29, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.