Position: GEOLOGICAL TECHNICIAN
Sub-department: Technical Services
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of leave
Location: Renard Mine
Home ports: Timmins, Rouyn-Noranda, Chibougamau-Chapais and St-Hubert airports
Stornoway is recruiting a Geological Technician. Reporting to the Chief Geologist and working in close collaboration with the geologists, the Geology Technician will be responsible for several activities such as:
- Monitor underground and surface drift advancements;
- Perform a dilution assessment;
- Create, follow up and update production monitoring plans;
- Create, follow up and update production monitoring plans; Complete daily and other reports adequately;
- Carry out geological mapping of the mining galleries;
- Carry out geological mapping of the mining galleries; Carry out the layout of various maps;
- Participate in the execution of various tasks associated with diamond drilling;
- Perform occasional geological and geomechanical description of drill core;
- Respect the laws, regulations and work procedures;
- Perform any other related geology tasks.
- Degree in mineral technology, geology or mining option;
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position
- Modular Mining Worker Training (MMWT) 1,2,3,4,5 and 7;
- Possess a valid general explosives license and a valid driver’s license;
- Experience in underground mining or in an open pit would be an asset;
- Knowledge of Autocad, Promine, Gems and Deswik software is an asset;
- Self-reliance, resourcefulness and ability to make decisions under pressure;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of Microsoft Access is an asset;
- Versatility and flexibility in performing various tasks;
- Ability to work in a team and in a multicultural environment.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.