The General Manager – James Bay Hubs, reporting to the CEO, is responsible for all projects in the James Bay Hubs in addition to the 2nd transformation projects at Sayona. He is responsible for the strategy, budgets, workforce, and financial results to ensure that the established objectives are met. He ensures the optimization, efficiency, and implementation of a strategy to develop mining activities and associated projects. He will have primary responsibility for directing and developing projects to start a future mining operation at the Moblan project in accordance with the strategic plan and operating and capital budgets.
- As General Manager, you oversee the day-to-day operations of projects – health & safety, environment, mining, plant, engineering, geology, administration, and related projects.
- Project Management: you master all aspects of project management and work on all phases of a project (identification, definition, planning/preparation, execution, closure). You proactively manage risks and issues
and participate in their resolution (monitoring, mitigation, escalation) in ensuring active management of priorities, all in partnership with stakeholders.
- Process and method improvement: you participate in the optimization of processes and tools, in the development of strategic and/or technological roadmaps in collaboration with other managers. You participate in the
transformation towards agile methods as well as in the implementation of the 2nd transformation.
- Provide direct management of key executives or consultants under your direction. You supervise and support their work to achieve the mandates, within the established financial framework.
- Analyze project progress and project financial assessment to identify trends, opportunities, risks and develop analysis required to improve profitability.
- Develop and monitor budgets to ensure project margins are met and recommend and implement corrective actions to ensure production goals and quality solutions are implemented.
- You are responsible for the approval and oversight of capital project budgets.
- Participate in and evaluate project risk management programs, including regular identification and assessment of operational and business risks, and implementation and monitoring of risk mitigation plans
- Communicate strategy and expected and achieved results to employees under your direction.
- Submit different opinions or recommendations to the CFO regarding the implementation, modification or addition of projects or work plans.
- Support the development of a healthy multicultural internal culture that retains employees and encourages their professional development.
- Build relationships with diverse stakeholders: Proactively develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Anticipate operational, technical, and health & safety challenges and take steps to prevent and resolve them through a continuous improvement approach.
- Understand, anticipate, and proactively keep senior management informed of project, political and economic issues and any potential impact on Sayona’s future operations and mandate, and develop strategies to mitigate
- Engage with senior leaders in broader organizational strategic planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (chemical, mining, geology, metallurgy) or in a field of expertise relevant to the mining sector.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), an asset
- 15 years experience in project management in the mining industry
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a similar position
- Experience in the implementation of advanced technologies, an asset
- Excellent computer and MS Office skills
- Solid experience in business development and in the management of various partnership agreements
- Bilingualism (French & English), Cree an asset.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong communication skills and have impact and influence at all levels.
- Demonstrate leadership (managerial courage, competence, and integrity) and strategic vision.
- Ability to motivate and inspire, visionary, creative and flexible.
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibilities and solve problems quickly.
- Ethical: Understand the principles of socially acceptable behavior and business practices and ensure that one’s own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligned with Sayona’s values.
- Decision Making: Assess situations to determine importance, urgency, and risk, and make clear decisions in a timely manner and in the best interest of the company.
- Organization: Establish timelines, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Workplace: Hybrid; Montreal and Chibougamau office with occasional travel and telecommuting.
- Annual bonus and long-term bonus.
- Group insurance and very competitive pension fund.
- 8 floating vacations to use each year as you wish.
- Professional development, training, and advancement opportunities.
- A warm and dynamic team that is waiting for you!
Does this position appeal to you? Are you looking for new challenges? Apply now at https://www.sayona.ca/emplois/. Looking forward to meeting you!!
It should be noted that the masculine gender was used in the job description to lighten the text. Regardless of your gender, your application will be treated with integrity and professionalism.
Sayona thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.