Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The General Foreperson Maintenance Mine is part of the mine supervision team. The incumbent is responsible for all mechanical maintenance and oversees a team of supervisors as well as
fixed and mobile mechanics. In a leadership role, he/she focuses on achieving established objectives in collaboration with the mining operations and electrical maintenance groups. The General Foreperson Maintenance Mine adheres to the company’s principles by adopting a management style that is oriented toward sustainable development, operational excellence and the organization’s code of conduct.
- Plan, organize, lead and coordinate the mechanical maintenance activities of the mine maintenance department in order to achieve fixed objectives
- Implement best practices in order to maximize production equipment availability
- Solve problems related to your sector of activity and implement measures to improve productivity and work quality
- Understand and share the company’s vision so as to align operational strategies accordingly
- Oversee and manage staff, evaluate performance and promote employee development
- Forge partnerships with other departments in his sector in order to promote team spirit and collaboration
- Write reports
- Participate in the development of the budget and ensure that maintenance costs are controlled
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety, environment and relation with surrounding communities .
- All other related tasks
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- 7 to 10 years relevant experience, including at least 5 years in a supervisory position in an underground mine
- Experience with UG fixed maintenance, mine hoisting plant maintenance and mobile maintenance (is considered an asset)
- Mining Modules 1-5, 7
- Valid general explosives permit
- Good computer skills, including SAP software and Microsoft Office
- Bilingualism (French & English) essential
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to manage employees and promote employee development
- Organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to forge partnerships and work as part of a team in a multicultural environment
- Schedule: 8 days of daytime work only, followed by 6 days of rest
- Eleonore Mine Site (fly-in, fly-out from Montreal, Chibougamau, Matagami, RouynNoranda, Val D’Or and Wemindji)
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than November 13, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law..