Réf. : 16561
The General Foreperson, Processes is part of the supervisory team of the Surface Operations Department, reporting to the Superintendent, Surface Operations, and is responsible for the operation of the mill. They supervise a team of ore processing equipment operators. They exercise leadership to achieve the objectives established in collaboration with the Operations and Metallurgy groups, with management oriented to best practices in reliability, planning and scheduling of maintenance work, for optimum utilization of resources.
- Plan and organize the activities of the mill’s operations sector
- Establish and oversee the achievement of their department’s objectives
- Supervise a team composed of Operations Supervisors
- Support their team in the resolution of problems related to the challenges of production and personnel management
- Participate actively in the review of event investigations and develop action plans
- See to the application of procedures, work permits, lockout, etc.
- Align their management strategies with the company’s vision
- Work with the different departments of the mill to ensure cohesion in the activities of each business line
- Support and evaluate their subordinates and plan their professional development
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly in health and safety.
- Participate actively in planning of scheduled or unscheduled mill shutdowns
- Ensure cost management and tracking and explain the variances in relation to the budget
- Participate in drafting and approval of the work instructions and procedures
- Implement standard operating procedures for the operation of the process
- Ensure the compliance of the surface facilities and execution of the action plans in progress
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of their duties.
- Schedule : 8 days of work followed by 6 days off
- University degree in metallurgical or chemical engineering or college diploma in ore processing, or equivalent
- At least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience, including at least five (10) years in supervision
- Knowledge of French and intermediate English.
- Good computer skills, including SAP software and MS Office Suite
- Ability to manage a team in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work at a remote site
- Ability to work under pressure and manage priorities.
- Organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Good oral and written communication skills
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at https://jobs.newmont.com/job/Rouyn-Noranda-General-Foreperson-Processes-Contremaitre-g%C3%A9n%C3%A9ral-proc%C3%A9d%C3%A9s-QC/772693800/ no later than August 19th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.