- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level College
The General Foreperson, Maintenance is part of the supervisory team of the Surface Operations Department, reporting to the Superintendent, Surface Operations, and is responsible for all of the mechanical maintenance for the Department’s stationary and mobile environments. They supervise a team composed of technicians and mechanics. They exercise leadership to achieve the objectives established in collaboration with the Operations and Metallurgy groups, with management oriented to best practices in reliability, planning and scheduling of maintenance work, for optimum utilization of resources.
- Respect, be aware of and promote the company’s rules and policies, especially in terms of health and safety and the environment.
- Understand and share the corporate vision in order to align their operational strategies accordingly.
- Ensure the deployment of best practices in reliability and maintenance to maximize the availability of production equipment and management of scheduled shutdowns.
- Resolve problems related to their sector of activity and implement measures to optimize productivity and the quality of work.
- In the context of personnel management, support the supervisors in vacation planning and employee evaluations and ensure the implementation of the training program.
- Responsible for preparation of the maintenance budget and ensure good management of maintenance costs.
- Collaborate with all the company’s stakeholders for the achievement of common objectives.
- Collaborate with Newmont’s other sectors to share best practices in reliability, in order to favour continuous improvement of maintenance activities.
- Perform all tasks related to their duties.
- Schedule : 8 days of work followed by 6 days off
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or college diploma (DEC) in Industrial Mechanics or the equivalent.
- At least fifteen (10) years of relevant experience, including at least five (5) years in supervision
- Knowledge of French and intermediate English.
- Good knowledge of reliability and maintenance techniques and principles.
- Good computer skills, including SAP software and MS Office Suite
- Ability to manage a team in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work at a remote site
- Ability to work under pressure and manage priorities.
- Organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Good oral and written communication skills
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at https://jobs.newmont.com/job/Rouyn-Noranda-Maintenance-General-Foreperson-Contremaitre-g%C3%A9n%C3%A9ral-entretien-QC/772600600/ no later than August 19th, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.