- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
GENERAL FOREPERSON MAINTENANCE – MINE
Réf. : 26785
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The general Foreperson Maintenance Mine is part of the mine supervision team. The incumbent is responsible for all mechanical maintenance and oversees a team of supervisors as well as fixed and mobile mechanics. In a leadership role, he/she focuses on achieving established objectives in collaboration with the mining operations and electrical maintenance groups. The General Foreperson Maintenance Mine adheres to the company’s principles by adopting a management style that is oriented toward sustainable development, operational excellence and the organization’s
code of conduct
- Plan, organize, lead and coordinate the mechanical maintenance activities of the mine maintenance department in order to achieve fixed objectives
- Implement best practices in order to maximize production equipment availability
- Solve problems related to your sector of activity and implement measures to improve productivity and work quality
- Understand and share the company’s vision so as to align operational strategies accordingly
- Oversee and manage staff, evaluate performance and promote employee development
- Forge partnerships with other departments in his sector in order to promote team spirit and collaboration
- Write reports
- Participate in the development of the budget and ensure that maintenance costs are controlled
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety, environment and relation with surrounding communities.
- All other related tasks
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- 7 to 10 years relevant experience, including at least 5 years in a supervisory position in an underground mine
- Mining Modules 1-5, 7
- Valid general explosives permit
- Good computer skills, including SAP software and Microsoft Office
- Bilingualism (French & English) essential
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to manage employees and promote employee development
- Organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to forge partnerships and work as part of a team in a multicultural environment
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore mine site
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than February 22, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Conformément aux valeurs de sécurité et de responsabilité de Newmont, nous pensons que la vaccination contre le COVID-19 est un outil essentiel pour lutter contre cette pandémie et protéger la santé et la sécurité de la main-d’oeuvre de Newmont et des communautés dans lesquelles nous travaillons et vivons. Par conséquent, si vous recevez une offre d’emploi pour ce poste, il vous sera demandé de fournir une déclaration confirmant que vous êtes entièrement vacciné contre le COVID-19 avant la date prévue de votre entrée en fonction, et il pourra également vous être demandé de fournir une preuve de vaccination avant la date prévue de votre entrée en fonction, ou à une date ultérieure à la demande de Newmont. Newmont examinera les demandes individuelles d’exemption/accommodement raisonnable des candidats qui ne peuvent pas être entièrement vaccinés pour des raisons médicales ou pour d’autres motifs protégés par la législation applicable en matière de droits de l’homme.