Salary Grade 2: (Min. $36,095.00 – Max. $48,187.00)
The General Accounting Agent is responsible for performing the administrative accounting functions.
- Open, date, stamp and distribute incoming correspondence. Mail checks and other documents.
- Maintain and operate all printers/scanners/fax machines within Finance dept. Change cartridges and place orders when supply is low.
- Photocopy invoices and other types of information.
- Obtain signatures from signatories for checks and bank transfers.
- Maintain vendor files & file accounting correspondence and payments.
- Analyze statements and request copies of outstanding invoices.
- Perform data entry of accounts payable (verification of suppliers’ invoices, matching with purchase orders, sort, code, and preparation of payments to suppliers and correspondence) when needed.
- Process travel claims when requested.
- Pay cell guards on time sheets when requested.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma.
- One year or less of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From August 31, 2021 to September 15, 2021
Your application must be sent by email or fax with the competition number: ACC-210801-1