Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc, and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia, and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution, and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
• Effectively manage the Full Potential program at Eleonore. Facilitate the identification, diagnose, design, implementation, tracking, and closure of initiatives to create value, promote efficiency and keep the business competitive amongst its peers.
• Provide training, coaching and support to employees in business improvement and project management practices, motivating employees in the improvement of their departments and functions performance.
• Initiate, organize and manage the site Full Potential program implementation, including of Full Potential Refresh, TCO External Spend, OT&BI, Rapid Replication and Productivity Tables.
• Provide coaching and support to initiative leads in the use of project tracking and reporting tools.
• Support site Business planning process
• Provide insight on cost and productivity to site management team.
• The work schedule is 8 days of work followed by 6 days off, 4 days of work followed by 3 days off.
• Position is based on site.
Training and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business-related field.
• Strong knowledge of project management and/or continuous improvement methodologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French; proven ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical constituents.
• Intermediate to advanced verbal and written communication in English preferred.
• 10-15 years of combined experiences in a mining environment
• Experience facilitating and coordinating meetings and workshops for small and large groups of people; strong process facilitation and presentation skills.
• Experience in management of change, including stakeholder management.
• Previous leadership (supervisory) experience and proven ability to achieve results through others.
• Experience in preparing presentations and reports; proven proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than April 29th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.