JOB TITLE: 2 PART-TIME FRONT DESK CLERK
DATE OF POSTING: January 16, 2023
END OF POSTING: January 27, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Under the immediate supervision and direction of the General Manager, the Front Desk Clerk (FDC) will be responsible for answering incoming calls, respond courteously to guests’ requests and booking rooms. The FDC is the first point of contact for the entire organization, which requires a positive attitude and polished, professional appearance.
OVERVIEW OF MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcome and greet on-site guests with superb customer service;
- Direct and inform the guests of the local accommodations;
- Checks in/out guest in an efficient and respectful manner and in accordance with credit and identity policies;
- Answer incoming telephone calls, determine purpose of callers, and forward calls to appropriate personnel or department;
- Answer queries regarding the hotel’s services and community services such restaurants, sports facilities, transportation and travel directions;
- Utilize Hotello software to check guests in and out, run daily reports, book rooms and manage payments;
- Charge credit cards and place credit authorization requests using point of sale terminals;
- Balance cash at the end of the shift and generate accounting reports for the benefit of the next shift;
- Ensure and adhere to all hotel standards and procedures;
- Assist in scheduling the bookings of conference rooms and catering services as needed and relay information to food service attendant and immediate supervisor;
- Inform the appropriate persons of the event that is held to ensure that set up is completed and assist with any equipment that may be required;
- Perform any other related tasks or assigned tasks by immediate supervisor.
- High School Diploma is preferred
- The Hospitality and/or Customer Service Preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of Hotello Software is an asset, will undergo training
- Proficiency with various electronic and credit card payment systems
- Fluency in Cree, English and French is an asset
- Provide a clean criminal background check
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Punctual, reliable, and committed
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work in a high-volume work environment
- Able to problem solve and have good judgement
- Able to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Permanent Part-time status
- 20 hrs per week – one week on/off rotating schedule
- 3-month probation period
- Benefits according to Waastooskuun HR policies and procedures
- Work shift may include weekends and holidays as per schedule
Grade 5: starting rate of $16.29/hr to a maximum of $24.07/hr based on qualifications and experience
Interested candidates can submit their cover letter, CV/Resumé along with your credentials to:
Chisasibi Business & Development Group Inc.
Attn: Wabigwan Polson, Director of Human Resources, CBDG Inc.
P.O. Box 820, Chisasibi, QC. J0M 1E0
Tel: 855-2977 extension 349 or by Fax: 855-2271 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org