THE CENTRE FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION is hiring qualified instructors for the Fall 2021 Semester for the following program: Iyeskuwiiu- a culturally relevant College program for Eeyou-Eenou students in Eeyou Istchee. The courses are part of Iyeskuwiiu, a two-semester Springboard to DCS designed to offer Eeyou-Eenou students a culturally-rooted preparation year to further academic skills and cultural pride.
TYPE OF CONTRACTS: CHARGE DE COURS (À LA LEÇON) (1-2.12)
TITLE: French for Indigenous Peoples I
SECTION(S): one (1)
N.B. Contracts are contingent upon sufficient student enrollment in each course.
Starting date, day/time and location for each course to be determined by the Centre for Continuing Education.
- Bachelor Enseignement du français langue seconde, Linguistique, Litérature française or equivalent degree.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and commitment to culturally relevant, sensitive, and appropriate pedagogy.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Eeyou-Eenou culture, history, society and rights.
- Several years’ experience teaching French as a second language at the post – secondary level preferred.
- Preference given to candidates having direct lived experience in and knowledge of Eeyou-Eenou communities, with experience teaching in Cree classrooms and Cree speaking as assets, or, as a secondary consideration, having experience with Indigenous education and teaching Indigenous students.
- Bilingual (French/Cree) candidates preferred.
- English communication skills an asset.
- On-line teaching experience preferred.
Note: The selection committee may, exceptionally, recommend to the College that pertinent additional professional and/or industrial experience be considered in lieu of the stated minimum educational requirement. Education superior to the stated minimum requirement may be substituted for professional/industrial experience at the discretion of the selection committee.
The courses will take place online.
Contracts are offered à la leçon and are contingent upon sufficient student enrollment in each course.
The starting date and end date for each course will be determined by the Centre for Continuing Education.
Also, throughout the semester, teachers are required to be available to attend cultural training, offer office hours to students, and participate in regular program meetings. Therefore, additional time up to 115 hours will be paid through an additional non-credit contract.