Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
Under the supervision of the Chief Operations Officer of Eskan Company, the Forestry Operations Coordinator shall be responsible for the management and monitoring of forestry projects and the Joint Working Group Committee under Eenatuk Forestry Corporation. He/she supervises projects related to harvesting and road construction, including providing the inventory required .
- Consults annually with the Forestry Joint Working Group of the CCNM for harvesting & road construction activity within Ch 3 Territory.
- Directs project proposals to the Forestry Programs Committee, ensuring they respect the CNG by-law.
- Facilitates the participation of Eenatuk in the activities of the Forestry Program Committee when required & monitors approved projects of harmonization.
- Ensures administrative follow-up of contracts with contractors & subcontractors & keep files for all contracts.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals & reports for projects, including preparation of budgets for the company and for contractors.
- Analyze, produce, report & coordinate monthly payments for all payables & receivables for projects, including fuel consumption, mechanic reports, monthly reinvoicing, etc …
- Co-ordinate the closing of contracts including expenses, release of any hold-backs , etc … in preparation of final reports.
- Negotiate with suppliers and clients.
- Flag the harvest areas.
- Carry out various types of forest inventories.
- Validate the cutting areas (IMLNU and CPRS.).
- Validate and record geo-referenced culverts.
- Inspection of different equipment and paths (SST, ISO).
- Supervise the harvesting of harvesting areas.
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety standards and standards for BNQ certification and sustainable forest management.
- Diploma/certificate in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Experience in remote field operations.
- Know how to manipulate OPS, GIS, compass and eco-forest map.
- Demonstrate time management & leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize & manage conflicting demands with an excellent work ethic.
- Ability to communicate in English, French, Cree (an asset)
- Punctual, dependable & in good physical condition.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Efficient with computer software.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
SALARY RANGE: To commensurate with qualifications
DATE OF POSTING: August 31, 2020
END OF POSTING: September 11, 2020
PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO THE ATTENTION OF:
Kim S. Coon, Human Resources Manager
187 Main Street
Mistissini, Qc GOW 1 CO