- Period Of Employment14/14 Rotation
- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level College
Fixed Mechanic Mine Ref.: 28161
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Fixed Equipment Mechanic is part of the mine’s Maintenance Services team. He/she is responsible for repairing and maintaining the fixed equipment required for mine operations.
KEY RESPONSABILITIES INCLUDE:
▪ Repair and carry out preventive maintenance on all fixed industrial equipment of the mine
▪ Read plans, diagrams and drawing to determine how to proceed
▪ Inspect and review machinery and equipment to identify and resolve problems
▪ Adjust, repair, clean and maintain machinery
▪ Ensure that the worksite is clean and safe at all times by complying with 5S Standard
▪ Keep records of equipment maintenance information
▪ Collaborate on and participate in projects and tests with external stakeholders to improve maintenance work procedures
▪ Respect and apply work and health and safety procedures
▪ All other related tasks
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE :
Training & Experience
▪ College Studies Diploma or Vocational training in Industrial Maintenance Technology or in a relevant field
▪ Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience, preferably in the mining industry
▪ Miner Worker Modular Training card
▪ Knowledge of SAP software (asset)
▪ Bilingualism, French & English (asset)
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to work in a remote site and in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
YOUR WORKING CONDITIONS :
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore mine site (Fly-in, fly-out)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than May 18, 2023.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination, as well as other vaccinations that are required or recommended for entry into certain Newmont operating countries, protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. As a result, please note that Newmont requires up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for any international travel by the workforce undertaken on behalf of the company. In addition, other vaccinations (e.g., yellow fever vaccine) may be required or recommended for international travel to certain Newmont operating countries. If you are offered this position and the position entails international travel, you will need to comply with these requirements. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law. Newmont may update its vaccination requirements, at any time, in its sole discretion.