Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Fixed Equipment Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor is part of the mining maintenance services supervision team. He supervises fixed mechanics and electromechanics. The Supervisor is mainly responsible for hoisting plant maintenance as well as for overall mining operations maintenance. He must plan, organize, manage and control related to hoist the plant maintenance activities.
- Supervise the mine’s fixed equipment maintenance activities and establish maintenance schedules to optimize operations
- Ensure the compliance of fixed installations according to code standards
- Provide support to team regarding equipment maintenance and ensure availability of required resources, tools and parts
- Solve problems related to sector activities and recommend measures to improve department productivity
- Ensure smooth operations of overall activities and follow work procedures
- Manage staff, evaluate performance, and oversee employee development
- Participate in special projects
- Respect, understand and promote company rules and policies, particularly in occupational health and safety;
- All other job-related duties.
- University or college diploma in the field or a combination of studies and relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanical maintenance in the mining sector(specifically hoisting plant), 2 of those years in supervision
- Computer knowledge including GMAO and SAP maintenance software
- Mining modules 1 to 5 and 7
- Valid general explosives permit
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Organizational skills
- Work schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- Eleonore Mine Site (fly-in, fly-out from Montreal, Chibougamau, Matagami, Rouyn-Noranda, Val D’Or and Wemindji)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than October 24, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law..