Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Labourer Operator is part of the process sector operations team. He/she assists the team of Operators in their duties and is in charge of worksite cleanliness and safety. He/she identifies operational and mechanical equipment problems in all sectors.
- Ensure that workplaces are clean and safe at all times
- Support Operators in their duties in all sectors such as:
- Reagents/Water treatment
- Start and stop sector equipment according to established procedures
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety and the environment and relations with neighboring communities
- Report all incidents/accidents to the Supervisor
- Participate in continuous training program to replace workers in subsequent operations positions such as Crushing / Filtration / Backfill / Reagents
- Maintain information records on duties
- Assist the Fixed Equipment Mechanics during maintenance work and production shutdowns
- All other work-related duties
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Vocational studies diploma in ore processing
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Bilingualism, French & English is an asset
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Team work in a multicultural environment
- Organizational skills
- Work schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- Eleonore Mine Site (fly-in, fly-out from Montreal, Chibougamau, Matagami, RouynNoranda, Val D’Or and Wemindji)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than September 07, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law..