Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Fixed Equipment Mechanic is part of the Maintenance team in the Process department. The incumbent is responsible for performing the regular maintenance of fixed equipment in accordance with established priorities and maintenance best practices.
- Perform the maintenance of fixed equipment so as to optimize their availability and reliability for operations
- Ensure that the worksite is clean and safe at all times by complying with 5S Standard
- Assist the reliability group in the development of maintenance procedures
- Respect and apply health and safety work procedures
- Participate in the department’s health and safety activities
- Report any incident/accident to your supervisor
- Keep records on equipment maintenance
- Collaborate on and participate in projects and tests with external stakeholders to improve maintenance work procedures
- All other related tasks
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- College or Vocational Studies Diploma in Mechanics
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Bilingualism (French, English) is an asset
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Team work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
WORKING CONDITIONS :
- Eleonore Mine Site (fly-in, fly-out from Montreal, Chibougamau, Matagami, RouynNoranda, Val D’Or and Wemindji) in a multicultural environment
- Schedule: 14 working days followed by 14 days off
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than July 06, 2023.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination, as well as other vaccinations that are required or recommended for entry into certain Newmont operating countries, protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. As a result, please note that Newmont requires up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for any international travel by the workforce undertaken on behalf of the company. In addition, other vaccinations (e.g., yellow fever vaccine) may be required or recommended for international travel to certain Newmont operating countries. If you are offered this position and the position entails international travel, you will need to comply with these requirements. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law. Newmont may update its vaccination requirements, at any time, in its sole discretion.