- Maintain and repair fixed process and surface equipment
- Find anomalies on the machines and adjust them (hydraulic, mechanical, etc.)
- Be able to do welding and cutting
- Complete work orders in the computer system to track history
- Ensure that the worksite is clean and safe at all times by complying with 5S Standard
- Assist the reliability group in the development of maintenance procedures
- Respect and apply health and safety work procedures
- Participate in the department’s health and safety activities
- Report any incident/accident to your supervisor
- Keep records on equipment maintenance
- Collaborate on and participate in projects and tests with external stakeholders to improve maintenance work procedures
- All other related tasks
- College or Vocational Studies Diploma in Mechanics
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Bilingualism (French, English) is an asset
- Team work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Éléonore mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than January 4, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law.