Fixed Equipment Mechanic Réf. : 25411
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Fixed Equipment Mechanic is part of the Maintenance team in the Process department. The incumbent is responsible for performing the regular maintenance of fixed equipment in accordance with established priorities and maintenance best practices.
- Perform the maintenance of fixed equipment so as to optimize their availability and reliability for operations
- Ensure that the worksite is clean and safe at all times by complying with 5S Standard
- Assist the reliability group in the development of maintenance procedures
- Respect and apply health and safety work procedures
- Participate in the department’s health and safety activities
- Report any incident/accident to your supervisor
- Keep records on equipment maintenance
- Collaborate on and participate in projects and tests with external stakeholders to
improve maintenance work procedures
- All other related tasks
- Team work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than August 8th, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccinationpriortoyouranticipatedstartdate,oratalaterdateuponNewmont’srequest. Newmontwill consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully
vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law.