Department: Environment and Remedial Works
Location: To Be Determined
Salary Grade 5: (Min. $51,223.00 – Max. $76,835.00)
Status: Temporary until March 31, 2023
The Financial Program Officer is responsible for implementing, administering and monitoring the financial activities of the Challenge Fund-related projects and providing assistance to the Protected Areas Coordinator and to the Finance Department. In collaboration with the Project Coordinators, the incumbent is also responsible for following up on procedures in order to ensure compliance with the Cree Nation Government’s Finance department.
- Formulate all plans for the budgeted expenses.
- Monitor status of program budgets as well as grants/contributions program budgets, to ensure full use of budgeted monies.
- Analyze current and past financial data and performance.
- Assess financial progress reports and claims from the Project Officers.
- Verify contracts, prepare payments for disbursement of funds towards the projects and ensuring that processed travel claims are in compliance with Environment and Climate Change Canada Policies.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing established financial and administrative procedures.
- Support Finance department as required with respect to financial monitoring and reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and program financial reports.
- Ensure compliance of funding programs according to the agreement requirements.
- Collaborate with the Finance Department on internal auditing of funding programs.
- Assist in coordination of all planned meetings within the projects.
- Prepare and provide monthly financial statistical reports related to funding programs to the Protected Areas Specialist.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility. Career Opportunity: Financial Program Officer
- Perform other duties as required.
- College Diploma in Accounting or related field.
- Three to five years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree
- Fluency in verbal and written English
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From May 1, 2020 to May 18, 2020
Your application must be sent by email with the competition number: EWRD-200502-1