- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Chisasibi
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Position: Financial Analyst (FP&A)
Schedule: Full time Monday to Friday – 40 hours/week
Reporting to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), the FP&A Financial Analyst is heavily involved in the budget process, the forecast review process, long-term strategic planning and financial performance analysis. He or she is a business partner to various key players within the organization, to whom he or she provides financial analysis and simulations in order to create value within the organization.
- Update budget and forecasting tools/forms in the financial IT system;
- Collect and consolidate budget and forecast information from various business partners;
- Participate in the preparation of the financial presentation of the budget or financial forecasts, intended for the Board of Directors;
- Actively contribute to the production of the budget and cash flow forecasts;
- Actively participate in the process of improving and automating the tools used for forecasting and budgeting;
- Maintain and improve the long-term financial planning model;
- Analyze monthly budget and forecast variances;
- Contribute to the preparation of the monthly financial presentation to the Board of Directors;
- Follow up on outstanding items from the monthly financial reviews;
- Analyze on a weekly basis, the cash flow variances and produce the report for the shareholders;
- Update the daily cash flow monitoring model;
- Optimize payables forecasts; and
- Perform ad hoc analysis and simulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 to 6 years of experience related to the position
- Experience in the mining sector (an asset)
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or accounting
- Accounting designation (CPA, CPA, CA, CGA, CPA, CMA)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel (including pivot tables and macros) and Power Point
- Experience with financial information systems (SAGE / intelligence reporter is an asset)
- Knowledge of Power BI (asset)
- Bilingualism (French and English)
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Good synthesis skills
- Rigorous in the quality of deliverables and flexible to meet deadlines
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.