Title: Financial Accountant
Status: Full-Time Permanent Position in Mistissini
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the general ledger accountability, financial reporting, financial profitability analysis, as well as other special projects as assigned. He/she prepares and distributes the monthly internal financial statements and other financial statistics, key ratios information for liquidity, profitability and leverage. He/she operates banking activities like setting up new accounts, bank reconciling items, banking fees, etc. The incumbent prepares journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close; ensures that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards.
The Financial Accountant is responsible of the general ledger maintenance and reliability. The incumbent provides assistance to the Chief Operations Officer of the Company and its subsidiaries with external audit and any other fiscal or government examination and assists with special projects assigned by management.
- Plan, set up and administer accounting systems and prepare financial information for individuals and subsidiaries/businesses/partners within the Company
- Examine accounting records and prepare financial statements and reports
- Develop and maintain cost finding, reporting and internal control procedures
- Examine financial accounts and records and prepare income tax returns from accounting records
- Analyze financial statements and reports and provide financial, business and tax advice
- Supervise, train and manage the finance staff
- Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization’s financial performance
- University Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA, MBA, HBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- 5 years of experience in finance or accounting position.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting & cost control principles including GAAP
- Knowledge of automated financial & accounting reporting systems, including ACCPAC.
- Ability to analyze financial data & prepare financial reports, statements & projections.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes & simultaneously manage several projects.
- Experience creating & managing budgets for a large company.
- Ability to participate in & facilitate meetings.
- Effective attention to detail & a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to effectively communicate in English & French both verbally & in writing.
- Able to build & maintain lasting relationships with other departments & partners.
- Strong problem identification & problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of best practices in internal controls.
- High level of integrity, confidentially & accountability.
- Strong work ethic & positive team attitude.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
SALARY RANGE: $57,305 – $88,288 annually
DATE OF POSTING: November 18, 2022
END OF POSTING: January 18, 2023
PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO THE ATTENTION OF:
Kim S. Coon, Interim Chief Operations Officer
187B Main Street
Mistissini, Qc G0W 1C0