The General Accounting Agent is responsible for performing the administrative accounting functions.
- Open, date, stamp and distribute incoming correspondence. Mail checks and other documents.
- Maintain and operate all printers/scanners/fax machines within Finance dept. Change cartridges and place orders when supply is low.
- Photocopy invoices and other types of information.
- Obtain signatures from signatories for checks and bank transfers.
- Maintain vendor files & file accounting correspondence and payments.
- Analyze statements and request copies of outstanding invoices.
- Perform data entry of accounts payable (verification of suppliers’ invoices, matching with purchase orders, sort, code and preparation of payments to suppliers and correspondence) when needed.
- Process travel claims when requested.
- Pay cell guards on time sheets when requested.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school Diploma.
- One year or less of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Pay Type: Hourly
Min. Hiring Rate: $28.54
Max. Hiring Rate: $38.10
Job Start Date: Monday, February 6, 2023
To apply, click HERE and sign-in or create an account.