Ref. : 27088
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The filtration operator is part of the process sector operations team. He/she is responsible for the operation of the residue filtration circuit and works to optimize the circuit according to established performance indicators. He/she identifies operational and mechanical problems with the equipment in his/her sector
- Ensure the proper functioning of the equipment by using a DCS control system and by performing a periodic mechanical inspection such as: o Horizontal press filter
- Residue thickeners Retention tanks
- All associated auxiliary equipment
- Start and stop the equipment of his sector according to the established procedures
- Perform quality control tests (e.g., moisture content determination) on the process to ensure compliance with operating instructions
- Ensure the integrity of operating samples and their preparation for the analysis laboratory
- Respect, know and promote the company’s regulations and policies, particularly in matters of health and safety
- Ensure that the work area is clean and safe at all times
- Report all incidents/accidents to his/her supervisor
- Participate in the ongoing training program to replace the crusher/fill operator position
- Participate in projects and tests with external parties to improve operations
- Maintain production information records and write reports
- Assist mechanics during maintenance work and production shutdowns
- All tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma of Vocational Studies in mineral processing or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Minimum of two (2) year’s experience as a filtration operator
- Knowledge of DCS/PLC control systems
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Bilingualism, French and English an asset
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- Éléonore mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than January 11, 2023.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview. As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law.