Job Offer: FIELD ASSISTANT for environmental winter survey (Corvette Project)
Needs: 4 field assistants (working 2×2).
Duration: Beginning around FEBRUARY 26th and finishing around MARCH 17th, 2023 (depending on field conditions)
- Tracing snowshoe’s trails
- Accompany and assist technicians and biologist for the environmental study field work
- Handling of material to help the biologists
- Topic: winter bird habitat inventory
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the area
- Able to work in the forest, good physical shape to trace snowshoe’s trails
- Able to drive snowmobile in wild areas
- Having good winter gear, to work outside all day long (7h)
- Versatility and dynamic
- Project located outside the community, on the Transtaïga
- Available to work 10 consecutive days, staying at Mirage Oufitter with the crew
- Work introduction – few days before the work (2 or 3 hours long in Chisasibi)
- 7-8 hours workday in the field
- 10-10 days schedule (10 days straight, with repeat turn(s))
- Specific schedule to be determined according to the field conditions
- Starting at $25/hour (according to experience)
- Transport to site to be discussed (Pick-up truck or helicopter (1,5h) (no motion sickness))
- Lodging and meals are all covered
IMPORTANT: You will need to provide your Indian status card for tax exemption purposes and furnish personal information for the employment.
All interested candidates must send their resume by e-mail to email@example.com or Contact Andree-Anne at 438-304-9605.