- Period Of EmploymentContract
A new training program entitled “Continuous Learning Journey – Administrative Support Staff Training Program” has been developed for all Cree School Board Administration Staff.
For the 2020-2021 school year, the training program will be delivered in the communities of Chisasibi, Eastmain and Wemindji.
We are looking for five  individuals who have administrative and facilitation/training experience to develop and deliver the training program to the Administrative Support Staff in one of the above-mentioned Cree communities (in-person or remotely). The CSB will provide the training program framework and learning objectives.
The facilitators will be required to provide the following services:
- Work in close collaboration with Human Resources and Adult Education at the Cree School Board to develop training content and report on the overall progress of the training program;
- Apply facilitation techniques to deliver the new training program to the Administrative Support Staff;
- Evaluate the staff members and identify areas of improvement;
- Communicate the individual progress and needs for all participants in their group to their respective manage
- Work alongside the Vocational Technicians, who will support with the delivery of the training and will provide additional support in Cree if necessary
- Attend to other related duties, as need be, for the administration of the training program; and
- Be available to travel as needed for the fulfilment of the services.
While Cree is not a requirement, facilitators who speak Cree are encouraged to apply.
The trainers/facilitators will need to deliver the training in-person or remotely, in accordance
with the instructions given by the Cree School Board, to promote health and
safety of the staff in response to COVID-19.
The trainers/facilitators will be responsible for determining their work schedule in order to be able to deliver the services, but must be available:
- During the period from November 2 to 12, 2020, every day from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, in order to follow a training delivered by the Cree School Board;
- Forty-five hours during the period from November 23 to December 4, 2020, in order to facilitate the essential skills training.
- Two afternoons per week during the period from December 2, 2020 to June 30, 2021, to deliver the core training program to the Cree School Board’s staff.
The trainers/facilitators will be compensated at an hourly fee of seventy dollars ($70),
and have all authorized and reasonable expenses and disbursements directly incurred
in respect of the provision of the services reimbursed in accordance with the policies
of the Cree School Board.
The Cree School Board is requesting applications in order to award the contract.
Interested persons must submit their CV and cover letter by:
October 22, 2020 at 5:00 pm by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested persons may be required to provide a valid Revenu Québec certificate
before the signing of the contract. The contract cannot be awarded to a person who
does not hold a valid certificate from Revenu Québec, as the case may be.
The Cree School Board is not bound to accept any application and may, at its discretion,
award the contract to the person of its choice. Qualifications and organizational
knowledge will be factored when assessing the applications.
The service provider must not have been previously declared or pleaded guilty of a
penal or criminal offence/infraction under applicable federal, provincial or municipal
legislation, that would reasonably be in connection to the services and for which a
pardon was never obtained. The awarding of the contract is conditional the carrying
out of a criminal background check by the Cree School Board.