LOCATION OF WORK
NATURE OF WORK
The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in performing, in a relatively autonomous manner, secretarial duties of a complex nature for one or more persons.
- Responds to information requests concerning the follow-up on files and meetings, policies, regulations or other subjects related to the duties performed and, if necessary, issues reminders; forwards the pertinent documentation; handles the mail as well as finds, gathers and compiles pertinent information; within the limits of his or her duties, prepares a draft response, forwards it to the person concerned and ensures the follow-up; prepares a summary of complicated problems and issues before forwarding them to the person concerned.
- Greets visitors to his or her administrative unit, provides any information within his or her competence or refers them to the persons concerned; as instructed, keeps the agenda of the person(s) for whom he works.
- Organizes meetings, convenes participants and prepares the necessary files; as instructed, he or she drafts a proposed agenda of the subjects received and, if necessary, attends the meetings and prepares a draft of the minutes.
- Drafts memorandums or bulletins from brief notes and works with others to set up a filing system; archives the documents in his sector according to the policy in effect.
- Uses a computer and the various software required to perform duties related to word processing, database entry, spreadsheets an in-house programs; carries out research on the internet and follows up on email messages. Requires help, on occasion, colleagues with the common software and programs used.
- Trains new employees and coordinates the work of support staff.
- If need be, performs any other related duty.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of the Secondary V level with appropriate option, or hold a diploma or certificate of studies, which the equivalency is recognized by the competent authority.
- At least four (4) years or relevant experience required.
- Knowledge of typing, word processing, Word, and the arrangement of texts.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Ability to work in French is an asset.
- Cree language and French are assets.
- Available to travel if required.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
- Regular Full-Time 35 hours/week.
- Salary: $20.98/hr to $24.22/hr
- Northern Allowance: $ 8,484.00 – $ 13,573.00
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE
Please indicate the competition #: MIS-4105
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE OF POSTING: December 7, 2021
END OF POSTING: January 7, 2022 3:00 P.M