LOCATION OF WORK:
MISTISSINI – ADMINISTRATIVE CENTRE
NATURE OF WORK:
- The Executive Secretary provides administrative and general office support to the Deputy Director General of Pedagogy (DDG) and other Youth Sector Directors.
- Reporting to the DDG Pedagogy, the Executive Secretary works across the Youth Sector and the CSB to support timely and efficient operations of the Office of the Deputy Director General of Pedagogy.
- Organize meetings, invites participants, prepares agendas and other documentation, attends meetings, and prepares a draft of the minutes.
- Coordinate the daily schedule and calendar of the DDG Pedagogy and other staff. Makes travel arrangements, as necessary.
- Prepare, submit for approval, and monitor requisitions, reports, submissions and other documentation to the requirements of the CSB.
- Assist colleagues with CSB systems, software and processes, as required.
- Maintain records of all documents including archiving for the Office of the DDG Pedagogy.
- Respond to correspondence and requests for information.
- Coordinate the work of support staff and train new staff, as required.
- Make arrangements for and greet visitors.
- Other duties, as assigned.
KEY COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Strong administrative skills (preparation of written correspondence and documents, application of detailed procedures and by-laws, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across all levels and functions and to develop strong organizational knowledge.
- Knowledge of Eeyou Istchee, CSB organization, and processes is an asset.
- Strong writing skills. • Excellent interpersonal.
- Well-developed listening, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Strong judgment and ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
Completion of the Secondary V level with appropriate option, or hold a diploma or certificate of studies, which the equivalency is recognized by the competent authority.
At least four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Microsoft platforms is required. Experience with other common office software and systems is highly desired.
- Oral Cree, highly proficient oral and written English and Oral French is required.
- Written French is a definite asset.
- Permanent, full-time position 35 hours/week
- Salary: Minimum $20.98/hr. Maximum $24.22/hr.
- Northern Allowance: $8,484 – $13,573
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate posting #: MIS-4063
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE OF POSTING: November 1st, 2021
END OF POSTING: November 15, 2021 5:00 PM