LOCATION OF WORK
Mistissini – Sabtuan Adult Education Services
NATURE OF WORK
The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists of carrying out the functions of an executive secretary for the Director of Adult Education and provides support services to other employees of SAES.
- The employee in this class of employment enters texts and various data into a computer from manuscripts or various sources and produces letters, tables, reports and other documents; verifies the spelling and grammar rules in the
texts entered and identifies the corrections to be made;
- Finds and collects information to be included on forms that he or she fills out or in reports and correspondence;
- Also, responds to information requests concerning the follow-up of files and meetings, policies, regulations or other subjects related to the duties performed;
- Moreover, the employee prepares draft responses, forwards it to the person concerned and ensures the follow-up; prepares a summary of complicated problems and issues before forwarding them to the person concerned;
- Plans, organizes, responds, and executes duties within the limit of his duties;
- Greets, answers and/or directs telephone, written or electronic inquiries from internal and external parties;
- Maintains his supervisor’s calendar up-to-date and sets up appointments;
- Organizes and prepares material for meetings and when necessary, attends meetings and writes up minutes and reports;
- Setup and maintain a filing system; archive documents according to the policy in effect;
- Use of a computer and the necessary software to perform his duties related, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, database entries, spreadsheets, in-house and external programs;
- He may be required to train new support personnel and coordinate the work when needed;
- If need be, he performs any other related tasks.
- Hold a Secondary School Diploma or a Diploma of Vocational Studies in Secretarial Studies, or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority;
- At least four (4) years of pertinent experience;
- Knowledge of computers, type writing, Microsoft Office, the setting up of texts, and operate various office equipment;
- Sufficient knowledge of the methods and practices used in running an office;
- Knowledge of Cree and English is a requirement;
- Working knowledge of French is an asset.
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Permanent, Full-Time Position
Salary: $20.98/hr – $24.22/hr
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
Retention premium: $5,500.00/annual
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate posting #: MIS-4480
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
October 19th, 2022
END OF POSTING
November 1st, 2022 5:00 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.