- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Eastmain
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Designation: Contractual, 4 years
Probation Period: 6 months
Under the general direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director provides dynamic leadership and
management with high level strategic skills to implement, with support from the Executive Committee, the overall
vision and direction of CTA.
Duties and Responsibilities
Operational and Strategic Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and vision to the CTA by assisting the Executive Committee and Board of Directors with the development of long-term and annual objectives and plans.
- Oversees the implementation of the operations and services of the CTA.
- Oversees the drafting and implementation of all CTA agreements, including supervisory agreements with Local Cree Trappers Committees and First Nations representatives.
- Identifies, drafts, coordinates, and implements human resources programs and policies, administrative policies and procedures required to ensure sound management of the CTA. Ensures the policies and procedures are respected.
- Prepares and presents annual and quarterly reports and plans.
- Liaises on an ongoing basis with the CNG and the Local Cree Trappers’ Committees in the communities, as well as other Cree entities and government agencies and departments to build and maintain constructive and cooperative relations.
- In collaboration with the Secretary-Treasurer, participates in the preparation of the annual CTA budget(s), including the proposed strategic direction, and projections for human and financial resources.
- Ensures that all budgets are administered according to established provisions, terms, regulations, and conditions.
Human Resources Management Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction to all CTA employees.
- Promotes CTA values, strategies and objectives and ongoing, effective and open communication with employees.
- Ensure employee performance is aligned with the CTA’s expectations.
Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration or related field
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a management position (personnel & planning)
- Fluent in the Cree and English language
- Knowledge of the French language is an asset
Knowledge and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of the Cree culture and way of life
- Strong leadership, management and negotiation skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment, demonstrate initiative and pro-activeness
- Excellent organizational skills and the willingness and ability to assume and coordinate multiple directives and tasks
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive matters
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Financial and Accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Regular travel in the region is required.
- Attendance may be required at odd hours and weekends.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications.
PLACE OF WORK: Eastmain, QC
DATE OF POSTING: October 7, 2019
CLOSING DATE TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS: October 21, 2019 5:00 pm
Please send your application and curriculum vitae via regular mail, fax or email to:
Allan A. House, Secretary/Treasurer
Cree Trappers Association
PO Box 250 Eastmain, QC J0M 1W0
Only candidates retained for interviews will be contacted.