Eeyou Istchee Baie-James Travel is a regional non-profit organization that works with travellers, travel agencies, destination management companies in Quebec and Canada, and international tour operators. The travel agency is also active in the corporate travel sector, and acts as the travel expert to provide support to local tourism service suppliers.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director ensures that the mission of EIBJT is carried out. As the primary individual in charge of EIBJT activities and operations, the Executive Director oversees orientation, planning, development, management, organization and implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of EIBJT projects, programs and policies, in the different areas of activities, in accordance with the objectives and priorities of the organization.
- oversees general management, day-to-day operation, communication, and coordination between the different departments of the travel agency;
- Manages the human resources of the agency (orientation, scheduling, evaluation, etc.);
- Supports the Reservations team in responding to customer requests;
- Oversees preparation and follow-up of Board of Directors meetings and all other meetings with bodies established by the Board;
- Oversees preparation of the annual budget, seeks its approval by the Board of Directors, and manages its implementation;
- nsures thorough planning and management of the day-to-day accounting and finances, and undertakes action to secure grants, funding, and/or strategic partnerships in accordance with the Board’s orientations with respect to EIBJT annual budget;
- Facilitates and fosters collaboration and synergy with partners and local tourism service providers, supporting them in the launch of their market-ready products;
- Ensures the creation, monitoring, and promotion of appealing tourism packages;
- Maintaining the communication channel with the two ATR’s (TBJ and EIT) to develop the regional image, marketing actions and to promote the region’s interests in the tourism industry.
- Action- and result-oriented, analytical and critical-thinking skills, decision-making ability and sound judgment;
- Skilled and interested in diversification of sources of financing, financial arrangements and with a participation in various regional tourism projects;
- Fluency and excellent writing skills in French and English, knowledge of Cree is a strong asset;
- Ease with online technologies and strong computer skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the Eeyou Istchee Baie-James region and government structure;
- Available for travel within and beyond the region.
According to experience and current salary scale
Management/ Permanent position
Ouje-Bougoumou (EIBJT Offices, Aanischaaukamikw Building)
Education and Experience:
Undergraduate University Degree in Business Administration or Management Science with a major in tourism or regional development. Any relevant education or experience will be considered.
Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in a managerial position within a tourism organization or a large-scale business.
Interested people must send their application, including a cover letter and curriculum vitae before December 3rd, 2021, at 4pm:
Human Resource Management – firstname.lastname@example.org
205 Opemiska Meskino C.P. 1167 Oujé-Bougoumou, Qc, G0W 3C0
Selected candidates will be contacted during the week of December 6th, 2021.
NOTE: The detailed Job Description can be sent upon request for further information regarding the position.