- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Title: Executive Director
Department: Cree Trappers’ Association
Designation: Full-time/Contractual, 30 months
Probation Period: 6 months
Under the general direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director provides dynamic leadership and
management with high level strategic skills to implement, with support from the Executive Committee, the overall
vision and direction of CTA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and vision to the CTA by assisting the Executive Committee and Board of Directors with
the development of long-term and annual objectives and plans.
- Oversee the implementation, administration and day-today operations and services of the CTA.
- Oversee implementation of all CTA agreements, including supervisory agreements with Local Cree Trappers
Committees and First Nations representatives.
- Identify, draft, coordinate, and implement human resources programs and policies, administrative policies
and procedures required to ensure sound management of the CTA or as requested by the Executive
Committee or Board of Directors. Ensures the policies and procedures are respected.
- Prepare and present to the Executive Committee the CTA annual report and five-year plan.
- Liaise on an ongoing basis with the CNG and the Local Cree Trappers’ Committees in the communities, as
well as other Cree entities and government agencies and departments to build and maintain constructive
and cooperative relations.
- Support the Secretary-Treasurer in the preparation of the annual CTA budget(s), including the proposed
strategic direction, and projections for human and financial resources.
- Ensure that all budgets are administered according to established provisions, terms, regulations, and
- Directly supervise and lead direct reports and ensure effective supervision of others within the team.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, develop global objectives for the CTA.
Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration or related field
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a management position (personnel & planning)
- Fluent in the Cree and English language
- Knowledge of the French language is an asset
Knowledge and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of the Cree culture and way of life
- Strong leadership, management and negotiation skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment, demonstrate initiative and pro-activeness
- Excellent organizational skills and the willingness and ability to assume and coordinate multiple directives and tasks
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive matters
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Financial and Accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Regular travel in the region is required.
- Attendance may be required at odd hours and weekends.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications.
PLACE OF WORK: To be Determine
DATE OF POSTING: January 18, 2021
CLOSING DATE TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS: January 29, 2021 @ 5:00PM
Please send your application and curriculum vitae via regular mail, fax or email to:
Allan A. House, Secretary-Treasurer
Cree Trappers Association
P.O. Box 250 Eastmain, QC J0M 1W0
Tel: 819-977-2165 Fax: 819-977-2168
Only candidates retained for interviews will be contacted.