Designation: Fulltime / Regular
Probation Period: 3 months
Level: Level 4
Supervisor: Executive Director
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the President and Management. The Executive Assistant performs various administrative duties in order to assist the President and Management in their daily tasks and contribute to efficient operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate schedule, appointments, reservations and travel arrangements for the employees.
- Send invitations, reserve rooms and prepare all other arrangements for meetings.
- Attend and record minutes of all meetings of the Board, Executive, Annual General Assembly and take notes during Management meetings.
- Translate meeting minutes and notes to Cree as required.
- Ensure original copies and translations of minutes, official records, books, papers, records, correspondences, contracts and documents related to Executive/Board meetings are filed.
- Maintain filing system in accordance to provincial and federal agency requirements and ensure efficient retrieval of information.
- Follow-up on motions passed, actions taken and directives issued at the Executive and Board level.
- Prepare and/or edit internal and external letters, faxes, memos and mass e-mails.
- Draft resolutions, letters, reports and other documents for the Board of Directors and Executive Directors.
- Coordinate the work of the Receptionist in accordance with the organization’s priorities and deadlines.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship and an effective channel of communication with external organisations.
- Co-ordinate and distribute all communications and reports to the Board of Directors and Executive Directors.
- Co-ordinate the publication of the Association’s annual report, and other governance related information.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials, including PowerPoint presentations, handouts, etc.
- Plan, organize and co-ordinate functions and special events for clients of the association.
- Maintain all employee files up to date and record all leaves accurately.
- Participate the orientation process and on-going training of newly appointed/hired individuals.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- Employment Requirements
- Education and Certification
- Professional college studies.
- Three to five years of experience in an administrative or corporate position.
- Fluent in the Cree and English language.
- Knowledge of the French language is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively maintain confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
The Executive Assistant works from an office at the Regional CTA office and is responsible for working from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with one hour off for lunch. In addition, attendance may be required at odd hours and weekends. Salary:
Commensurate with qualifications
Place of Work:
Regional CTA Office, Eastmain QC.
Date of Posting:
October 18, 2021
Closing Date to submit your application:
October 29, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Please send your application and curriculum vitae via regular mail, fax or email to:
Thomas Stevens, Executive Director
Cree Trappers Association
P.O. Box 250
Eastmain QC J0M 1W0
Tel: 819 977-2165
Fax: 819 977-2168