What does Eeyou Mobility do?
Eeyou Mobility Inc. (EMI) is Canada’s newest telecommunications company. We provide high quality and affordable cellular service throughout communities in the Eeyou Istchee and James Bay region of Québec and are deploying an extensive network along major highways and key access roads in the region.
EMI was formed in 2019 by James Bay Eeyou Corporation, Eeyou Communications Network and SSi Canada. By leveraging the experience, assets, and advantages of our founding partners, EMI can offer advanced mobile wireless broadband services that are affordable, attractive, and comparable to those offered in Canada’s urban markets.
As a majority Cree-owned company, a key component of EMIs mission is to improve economic and social conditions and provide training and employment opportunities for the Cree.
What will you do?
In this role you will be working closely with Cree partners, communities, and regional organizations. The Events & Internship Program Manager will be accountable for managing a team of Cree Interns and for
planning and executing of marketing events. You will be responsible for building and executing integrated face-to-face marketing campaigns to drive revenue. You will also be responsible for delivering a 12-month Internship Program, offering Cree candidates the opportunity to acquire professional experience in different departments of our organization.
The general duties include:
- Budget, plan, attend and oversee effective event marketing campaigns.
- Develop relationships with local Cree communities.
- Participate and manage outreach activities, presentations, and meetings with Cree communities to promote the benefits and value of Eeyou Mobility services and products.
- Create content to build brand awareness and attract attention, such as infographics.
- Measure and report on specific KPI’s related to events.
- Work closely with interns and be a support for them and their development throughout their internship.
- Promote our internship program across the Eeyou Istchee and James Bay region of Québec.
What do you need?
- Diploma in advertising, marketing or related field of study.
- Experience with advertising and marketing capabilities, such as event planning and direct marketing and content creation.
- Ability to work effectively, closely, and collaboratively with other departments within an organization, such as sales and customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and to work in a dynamically driven environment.
- Being passionate about supporting remote and vibrant communities by helping them connect to the world and support their businesses and government services such as remote health care and education.
- Driver’s licence.
- Availability to travel as necessary to Cree communities in Northern Québec.
- Experience managing or supervising individuals or teams.
- Experience managing an internship program.
- Knowledge of Cree culture, history, and traditions