Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Environmental Specialist is part of the environment sector team. He/she supports and advises operational team supervisors on the ground in order to comply with legal and corporate environmental requirements.
- Assist and advise operations and construction staff to ensure environmental conformity of site activities
- Coordinate environmental monitoring and prepare various reports for authorities
- Collaborate in environmental incident investigations and analyses in order to ensure the implementation of appropriate corrective and preventive measures
- Collaborate in preparing authorization certificate applications and other permits
- Participate in the environmental awareness training program for workers
- Conduct, coordinate and implement special environmental projects (ex: rehabilitation, biodiversity, water management)
- Participate in the Sustainability Development System (SEMS) implementation
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- All other related tasks
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Bachelor of Science degree (environmental engineering, biology, geology, others)
- Master’s degree in mining and the Environment is an asset
- 2 to 5 years’ experience working in a similar position, ideally in the mining industry
- Mastery of Office suite software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Valid driver’s license
- Pleasure craft operator training
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Client focus
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than March 23rd, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.