The Environmental and Water Management, Specialist is part of the environment sector team. He/she supports and advises operational team supervisors on the ground in order to comply with legal and corporate environmental requirements.
- Assist and advise operations and construction staff to ensure environmental conformity of site activities
- Coordinate environmental monitoring and prepare various reports for authorities
- Collaborate in environmental incident investigations and analyses in order to ensure the implementation of appropriate corrective and preventive measures
- Collaborate in preparing authorization certificate applications and other permits
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of Newmont Standards, TSM protocols, cyanide code and other initiatives.
- Participate in the environmental awareness training program for workers
- Conduct, coordinate and implement special environmental projects (ex: rehabilitation, biodiversity, water management)
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- All other related tasks
- Bachelor of Science degree (environmental engineering, biology, geology, others)
- Master’s degree in mining and the Environment is an asset
- 2 to 5 years’ experience working in a similar position, ideally in the mining industry
- Mastery of Office suite software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Valid driver’s license
- Pleasure craft operator training is an asset
- Bilingualism (French, English)
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Client focus
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
Work Location and Schedule:
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Eleonore Mine Site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than November 18, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is based at Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, which is a fly-in/fly-out operation. Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all travelers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to/from Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, subject only to some very limited exemptions. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you have an exemption from the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, prior to your anticipated start date. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination or exemption status prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request.